Rahul Gandhi likely to ring in 2010 in Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer: Away from the hurly-burly of
politics, young Congress leader Rahul Gandhi is likely to
usher in the New Year in the sands of this border town.
The Gandhi family scion, who criss-crossed the country
throughout the year wooing voters, visiting dalit homes and
hunting young talent for the party, is likely to spend the
last day of the year in Jaisalmer.
Sleuths of the Special Operations Group have landed in
Jodhpur for security of the VVIP, sources said.
When contacted, SP (Jaisalmer) Vishnu Kant said he had
heard about Rahul`s visit, but there had been no official
communication so far.
In Jaipur, PCC spokesman Satyendra Raghav said "he
(Rahul) may plan a personal visit anywhere in the state."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley