Rahul Gandhi likely to ring in 2010 in Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer: Away from the hurly-burly of
politics, young Congress leader Rahul Gandhi is likely to
usher in the New Year in the sands of this border town.
The Gandhi family scion, who criss-crossed the country
throughout the year wooing voters, visiting dalit homes and
hunting young talent for the party, is likely to spend the
last day of the year in Jaisalmer.
Sleuths of the Special Operations Group have landed in
Jodhpur for security of the VVIP, sources said.
When contacted, SP (Jaisalmer) Vishnu Kant said he had
heard about Rahul`s visit, but there had been no official
communication so far.
In Jaipur, PCC spokesman Satyendra Raghav said "he
(Rahul) may plan a personal visit anywhere in the state."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed