Rahul Gandhi likely to ring in 2010 in Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer: Away from the hurly-burly of
politics, young Congress leader Rahul Gandhi is likely to
usher in the New Year in the sands of this border town.
The Gandhi family scion, who criss-crossed the country
throughout the year wooing voters, visiting dalit homes and
hunting young talent for the party, is likely to spend the
last day of the year in Jaisalmer.
Sleuths of the Special Operations Group have landed in
Jodhpur for security of the VVIP, sources said.
When contacted, SP (Jaisalmer) Vishnu Kant said he had
heard about Rahul`s visit, but there had been no official
communication so far.
In Jaipur, PCC spokesman Satyendra Raghav said "he
(Rahul) may plan a personal visit anywhere in the state."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred