Rahul Gandhi likely to ring in 2010 in Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer: Away from the hurly-burly of
politics, young Congress leader Rahul Gandhi is likely to
usher in the New Year in the sands of this border town.
The Gandhi family scion, who criss-crossed the country
throughout the year wooing voters, visiting dalit homes and
hunting young talent for the party, is likely to spend the
last day of the year in Jaisalmer.
Sleuths of the Special Operations Group have landed in
Jodhpur for security of the VVIP, sources said.
When contacted, SP (Jaisalmer) Vishnu Kant said he had
heard about Rahul`s visit, but there had been no official
communication so far.
In Jaipur, PCC spokesman Satyendra Raghav said "he
(Rahul) may plan a personal visit anywhere in the state."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...