Rahul Gandhi to visit Rajasthan on Wednesday
Jaipur: The political scenario in Rajasthan will be analysed at meetings that Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi will hold from tomorrow to chalk out a strategy ahead of Rajasthan assembly polls slated for later this year.
"Gandhi will arrive in Bikaner from Delhi where he will chair three meetings -- one of executive and office bearers of 15 District Congress Committees, second of NSUI and Youth Congress representatives and the third with party`s public representatives of local bodies and Panchayti Raj," PCC President Dr Chandrabhan told reporters today, referring to Gandhi`s two-day visit to the state.
Groups of four DCCs have been formed and each group will have 45-minute meetings with Gandhi, he said.
After the meetings in Bikaner tomorrow, Gandhi will reach Jaipur in the evening and hold meetings at Birla auditorium next day on May 16.
The first meeting on that day will be held with executives and office bearers of remaining DCCs. PCC executives, office bearers and mayors will also hold meetings with him.
"Gandhi will discuss party affairs and current political scenario in the state. He will address the participants and invite their suggestions," he said, adding that around 6,500 members in all will take part in meetings at both the venues in Bikaner and Jaipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Researchers identify rare form of hereditary colon cancer
- India should not hold dialogue with Pakistan: Samajwadi Party
- French PM `open` to interim ban on foreign funding of mosques
- Nirbhaya case: Convicts' lawyer challenges 'iron rod' theory, announces Rs 10 lakh reward for anyone who proves it
- Surprise! Bhagyashree looks amazingly hot in these latest PICS