Rahul on surprise visit to violence-hit Gopalgarh
Bharatpur: Rahul Gandhi along with Union
Minister of State for Home Jitendra Singh on Sunday paid a
surprise visit to Gopalgarh and nearby areas, which witnessed
bloody clashes between two communities last month.
"The two visited two-three villages in Gopalgarh and
nearby areas this morning. It was a sudden visit," Vijendra
Yadav, SHO, Gopalgarh, said.
"They came by road and entered the district from
Haryana border. After spending around one-and-half-hour in the
district, they left the place," he said.
District Collector Gaurav Goyal said he was not aware of
In Jaipur, PCC spokesperson Satyendra Raghav said the
state unit of the party was not informed about the visit of
the AICC general secretary.
On September 14, 10 persons of Mev Muslim community were
killed and few others were injured in violent clashes between
members of Mev and Gujjar communities over a land-related
An inquiry into the matter has been referred to the CBI
and a judicial probe is going on into the matter.
Opposition parties, including the BJP, have attacked the
Congress government in Rajasthan for the riots in the
district, alleging the state administration had failed to
protect the rights of the minorities as all the victims were
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees