Rahul on surprise visit to violence-hit Gopalgarh
Bharatpur: Rahul Gandhi along with Union
Minister of State for Home Jitendra Singh on Sunday paid a
surprise visit to Gopalgarh and nearby areas, which witnessed
bloody clashes between two communities last month.
"The two visited two-three villages in Gopalgarh and
nearby areas this morning. It was a sudden visit," Vijendra
Yadav, SHO, Gopalgarh, said.
"They came by road and entered the district from
Haryana border. After spending around one-and-half-hour in the
district, they left the place," he said.
District Collector Gaurav Goyal said he was not aware of
In Jaipur, PCC spokesperson Satyendra Raghav said the
state unit of the party was not informed about the visit of
the AICC general secretary.
On September 14, 10 persons of Mev Muslim community were
killed and few others were injured in violent clashes between
members of Mev and Gujjar communities over a land-related
An inquiry into the matter has been referred to the CBI
and a judicial probe is going on into the matter.
Opposition parties, including the BJP, have attacked the
Congress government in Rajasthan for the riots in the
district, alleging the state administration had failed to
protect the rights of the minorities as all the victims were
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- Antrix-Devas deal: India to appeal against Hague tribunal's verdict
- Development initiatives got huge setback in J&K: Mehbooba
- The answer to past earthquakes lies with the ancient Himalayan temples!
- No separate guidelines for defence PSUs on JVs: Govt
- Arvind Kejriwal says PM Narendra Modi can even get him killed; now, BJP's reaction is interesting - READ