Rail traffic halted as Ajmer-Ahmedabad express derails
Jaipur: Traffic on the Marwar-Palanpur section under North-Western Railway was disrupted on Monday after the engine of Ajmer-Ahmedabad express train derailed in Sirohi district.
The incident occurred between Swaroopganj and Bhimana railway stations, NWR PRO Tarun Jain said.
Only one wheel of the engine got derailed and there was no harm to the remaining train/coaches.
The loco-pilot managed to stop the train safely by applying emergency breaks. All the passengers are safe, he said.
Jain said that restoration work has been started by the engineering and other technical staff of the railway.
Seven trains (Haridwar-Ahmedabad mail, Jodhpur-Ahmedabad passenger train, Kolkata-Ajmer express, Jaipur-Bandra terminus Aravali express, Pune-Jaipur express, Ahmedabad-Jodhpur passenger train and Ahmedabad-Ajmer intercity) have been halted at different railway stations under the NWR and Western Railway.
"Directions have been issued to local station authorities to make arrangements for refreshments for the passengers of the affected trains," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read