Rail traffic halted as Ajmer-Ahmedabad express derails
Jaipur: Traffic on the Marwar-Palanpur section under North-Western Railway was disrupted on Monday after the engine of Ajmer-Ahmedabad express train derailed in Sirohi district.
The incident occurred between Swaroopganj and Bhimana railway stations, NWR PRO Tarun Jain said.
Only one wheel of the engine got derailed and there was no harm to the remaining train/coaches.
The loco-pilot managed to stop the train safely by applying emergency breaks. All the passengers are safe, he said.
Jain said that restoration work has been started by the engineering and other technical staff of the railway.
Seven trains (Haridwar-Ahmedabad mail, Jodhpur-Ahmedabad passenger train, Kolkata-Ajmer express, Jaipur-Bandra terminus Aravali express, Pune-Jaipur express, Ahmedabad-Jodhpur passenger train and Ahmedabad-Ajmer intercity) have been halted at different railway stations under the NWR and Western Railway.
"Directions have been issued to local station authorities to make arrangements for refreshments for the passengers of the affected trains," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country