Rail traffic halted as Ajmer-Ahmedabad express derails
Jaipur: Traffic on the Marwar-Palanpur section under North-Western Railway was disrupted on Monday after the engine of Ajmer-Ahmedabad express train derailed in Sirohi district.
The incident occurred between Swaroopganj and Bhimana railway stations, NWR PRO Tarun Jain said.
Only one wheel of the engine got derailed and there was no harm to the remaining train/coaches.
The loco-pilot managed to stop the train safely by applying emergency breaks. All the passengers are safe, he said.
Jain said that restoration work has been started by the engineering and other technical staff of the railway.
Seven trains (Haridwar-Ahmedabad mail, Jodhpur-Ahmedabad passenger train, Kolkata-Ajmer express, Jaipur-Bandra terminus Aravali express, Pune-Jaipur express, Ahmedabad-Jodhpur passenger train and Ahmedabad-Ajmer intercity) have been halted at different railway stations under the NWR and Western Railway.
"Directions have been issued to local station authorities to make arrangements for refreshments for the passengers of the affected trains," he added.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today