Railway employee accuses senior official of molestation
Jodhpur: A middle-aged woman railway employee has accused a Senior Divisional Commercial Manager of North Western Railway of harassing her for a period of over one year, police said on Monday.
The woman, a reservation booking clerk of the Jodhpur Division, lodged a complaint with police yesterday, and sought action against the accused, RP Meena, Deputy Commissioner of Police Ajay Pal Lamba said.
"We have registered a case under Sections 341 (for wrongful restraint), 354 A & B (Assault to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) of the IPC against the accused, and have initiated a preliminary inquiry," Lamba said.
"He had been trying every move to get close to me, and also sent objectionable SMSs and MMSs, which I tolerated for long as I could not muster the courage to file a police complaint against him," said the employee, who lives here alone.
The employee alleged that she had been constantly being harassed by Meena for about a year.
The railway authority, following a departmental inquiry, has sent Meena on leave for 15 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing