Railway employee accuses senior official of molestation
Jodhpur: A middle-aged woman railway employee has accused a Senior Divisional Commercial Manager of North Western Railway of harassing her for a period of over one year, police said on Monday.
The woman, a reservation booking clerk of the Jodhpur Division, lodged a complaint with police yesterday, and sought action against the accused, RP Meena, Deputy Commissioner of Police Ajay Pal Lamba said.
"We have registered a case under Sections 341 (for wrongful restraint), 354 A & B (Assault to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) of the IPC against the accused, and have initiated a preliminary inquiry," Lamba said.
"He had been trying every move to get close to me, and also sent objectionable SMSs and MMSs, which I tolerated for long as I could not muster the courage to file a police complaint against him," said the employee, who lives here alone.
The employee alleged that she had been constantly being harassed by Meena for about a year.
The railway authority, following a departmental inquiry, has sent Meena on leave for 15 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?