Rains hit rescue of boy stuck in Rajasthan borewell
Jaipur: Incessant rains have hampered the rescue operation of a nine-year-old boy who fell into a 200-feet borewell on Wednesday afternoon while flying a kite near his house in Rajasthan.
Police said the boy, named Chhotu, was flying a kite in Charda Kala village near Hindon city in Karauli district, some 200 km from Jaipur, when he fell into the borewell around 3 p.m. Wednesday.
"The boy is believed to be stuck around 100 feet down in the borewell which has a width of only one feet. The borewell which is used to draw ground water had been left open," said Hindon City Station House Officer (SHO) Anoop Singh.
Anoop Singh said senior administration and police officers reached the spot and ordered a rescue operation.
"We had been digging a hole parallel to the borewell since yesterday (Wednesday) night. However, it is heavily raining in the area. The work of digging had to be stopped from time to time. We have been able to dig up over 50 feet so far," the officer said.
However, the boy`s family members and villagers have accused the authorities of delaying the rescue operation due to lack of resources.
They blocked a road in protest and demanded that the child be rescued soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset