Rains lash eastern Rajasthan, lightning kills two in Jaipur
Jaipur: Monsoon remained active over Rajasthan as rains lashed several parts of the state on Sunday, with lightning claiming two lives in Ramganj area of the state capital.
A youth and a 10-year-old boy died after they were struck by lightning during the heavy rains. They were identified as Hashmi and Manish Gurjar (20), ACP Samir K Dube said.
Jaipur received more than 20 mm of rainfall during the day.
Barring the western regions, monsoon was active over eastern parts of the state, with Shahabad in Baran district recording a maximum rainfall of 80 mm till this morning.
Light to moderate rainfall occurred at most places in Udaipur, Kota, Ajmer and light rains occurred at places in Jaipur, Bharatpur and Bikaner districts in the last 24 hours, a MeT department official said.
Khetari and Chottan recorded a maximum rainfall of 60 mm followed by 50 mm at Khanpur, Talera and Hindon with Mukandra, Eklera and Mount Abu receiving 40 mm rains.
Monsoon is yet to get active in western regions of Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Barmer, Bikaner and Sriganganagar districts, the official said.
This trend of monsoon will continue in the state in the next 24 hours, a forecast said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof