Rains lash eastern Rajasthan, lightning kills two in Jaipur
Jaipur: Monsoon remained active over Rajasthan as rains lashed several parts of the state on Sunday, with lightning claiming two lives in Ramganj area of the state capital.
A youth and a 10-year-old boy died after they were struck by lightning during the heavy rains. They were identified as Hashmi and Manish Gurjar (20), ACP Samir K Dube said.
Jaipur received more than 20 mm of rainfall during the day.
Barring the western regions, monsoon was active over eastern parts of the state, with Shahabad in Baran district recording a maximum rainfall of 80 mm till this morning.
Light to moderate rainfall occurred at most places in Udaipur, Kota, Ajmer and light rains occurred at places in Jaipur, Bharatpur and Bikaner districts in the last 24 hours, a MeT department official said.
Khetari and Chottan recorded a maximum rainfall of 60 mm followed by 50 mm at Khanpur, Talera and Hindon with Mukandra, Eklera and Mount Abu receiving 40 mm rains.
Monsoon is yet to get active in western regions of Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Barmer, Bikaner and Sriganganagar districts, the official said.
This trend of monsoon will continue in the state in the next 24 hours, a forecast said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway