Raise voice against all type of crimes against women: Katoch
Jodhpur: Terming the womenfolk as the integral part of the society, Union Minister Chandresh Kumari Katoch on Sunday said that they are subjected to constant humiliation and suppression.
"We need to raise our voice against all types of crime against women in the country and should safeguard their modesty," Katoch said while addressing a gathering of students, representing their universities, in the 15th National Integration Youth Camp.
"India has the respect of the women in its foundation but the folk is subjected to constant humiliation and suppression," she said.
State Health minister, A A Khan, who was also present on the occasion, emphasised the need of respecting the women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened