Raj: 20 policemen injured in violence
Jaipur: Twenty police personnel including some senior officers were injured when a petty issue of parking a motorbike turned violent in the Sangner locality of the city.
Violence sparked off after a man parked his bike outside a house despite objections from some youths belonging to the minority community, last evening.
People from both communities pelted stones and empty liquor bottles stored in a factory. The unruly mob vandalised some houses and also misbehaved with the occupants.
They targeted the police, leaving 20 police personnel, including the officiating Police Commissioner Biju George and ACP Rajesh Meel, injured. Meel had to be hospitalised.
The agitating mob torched a cardboard factory and a bike besides damaging several other vehicles including scooters and cars, police said.
"The situation was brought under control by deploying additional force," Additional Commissioner Girraj Meena said adding, ten persons involved in the violence have been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway