Raj Assembly budget session begins amid protests
Jaipur: The budget session of the Rajasthan
Assembly began on Monday with Governor Shivraj Patil`s
address amid disruptions by opposition MLAs over the issue of
frost affected crops and compensation for farmers.
As Patil highlighted the achievements and public welfare
initiatives of the government, CPI(M) MLA Amra Ram started
shouting anti-government slogans.
Ram was joined by other CPI(M) MLAs Pema Ram and Pawan
Duggal and the trio waved small bundles of damaged crops in
BJP MLA Hanuman Beniwal, who was suspended from the
legislative party yesterday for allegedly making "derogatory"
remarks against senior party leaders, also joined them.
Together they stormed into the well and shouted anti-govt
The Governor, however, continued his address.
After a brief protest, the three boycotted the session
and walked out of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened