Raj Assembly budget session begins amid protests
Jaipur: The budget session of the Rajasthan
Assembly began on Monday with Governor Shivraj Patil`s
address amid disruptions by opposition MLAs over the issue of
frost affected crops and compensation for farmers.
As Patil highlighted the achievements and public welfare
initiatives of the government, CPI(M) MLA Amra Ram started
shouting anti-government slogans.
Ram was joined by other CPI(M) MLAs Pema Ram and Pawan
Duggal and the trio waved small bundles of damaged crops in
BJP MLA Hanuman Beniwal, who was suspended from the
legislative party yesterday for allegedly making "derogatory"
remarks against senior party leaders, also joined them.
Together they stormed into the well and shouted anti-govt
The Governor, however, continued his address.
After a brief protest, the three boycotted the session
and walked out of the House.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know