Raj Assembly budget session begins amid protests
Jaipur: The budget session of the Rajasthan
Assembly began on Monday with Governor Shivraj Patil`s
address amid disruptions by opposition MLAs over the issue of
frost affected crops and compensation for farmers.
As Patil highlighted the achievements and public welfare
initiatives of the government, CPI(M) MLA Amra Ram started
shouting anti-government slogans.
Ram was joined by other CPI(M) MLAs Pema Ram and Pawan
Duggal and the trio waved small bundles of damaged crops in
BJP MLA Hanuman Beniwal, who was suspended from the
legislative party yesterday for allegedly making "derogatory"
remarks against senior party leaders, also joined them.
Together they stormed into the well and shouted anti-govt
The Governor, however, continued his address.
After a brief protest, the three boycotted the session
and walked out of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- PHOTOS: BRUTAL! Randy Orton receives 10 staples after Brock Lesnar's assault at SummerSlam
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag appeals for peace in Kashmir
- Start dialogue process for peace in Kashmir, Ghulam Nabi Azad tells government
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan to be Sabyasachi's showstopper at LFW finale?
- This is what Arvind Kejriwal said for PM Narendra Modi after sedition case against Ramya