Raj Assembly polls: Cong conducts interviews of aspirants
Jaipur: With an aim to field winnable candidates in upcoming state Assembly polls, the Rajasthan Congress on Tuesday began conducting interviews of aspirants in five divisional headquarters.
The Rajasthan Congress Pradesh Election Committee`s sub-committees in Jaipur, Udaipur, Bikaner, Ajmer and Jodhpur will shortlist three candidates for each assembly seat after the interviews, party spokesperson Archna Sharma said.
There are over 3500 aspirants for 200 assembly seats, she said.
The interviews will continue tomorrow in all the five districts, Sharma said.
Senior party leaders, including MLAs and ministers, were conducting the interviews, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!