Raj assembly to witness stormy session
Jaipur: The Rajasthan Legislative Assembly is likely to witness a stormy session with opposition BJP gearing up to corner the state government on several issues, including the Centre`s decision to allow FDI in retail.
The 9th session of the 13th state assembly is beginning on Wednesday.
"Issues like inflation, hike in fuel and LPG rates, increase in fertiliser rates, increase in power tariff, deteriorating law and order situation in the state will be raised in the assembly session," BJP whip Rajendra Rathore said on tuesday.
"We will also raise the recent case of covering up of two alleged rape cases in Banasthali Vidhyapith apart from highlighting the poor disaster management and failure of the government in relief work after heavy rainfall in the state in the monsoon season," he said.
Rathore said that the meeting of the BJP Legislative Party, which was scheduled to be held today, was postponed to tomorrow due to the demise of former Gujarat Governor Naval Kishore Sharma.
The meeting will now take place at 10 AM tomorrow in the assembly building before the commencement of the session.
Congress party sources said that the meeting of Business Advisory Committee (BAC) will also take place tomorrow to decide agenda and days of sitting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS