Raj assembly to witness stormy session
Jaipur: The Rajasthan Legislative Assembly is likely to witness a stormy session with opposition BJP gearing up to corner the state government on several issues, including the Centre`s decision to allow FDI in retail.
The 9th session of the 13th state assembly is beginning on Wednesday.
"Issues like inflation, hike in fuel and LPG rates, increase in fertiliser rates, increase in power tariff, deteriorating law and order situation in the state will be raised in the assembly session," BJP whip Rajendra Rathore said on tuesday.
"We will also raise the recent case of covering up of two alleged rape cases in Banasthali Vidhyapith apart from highlighting the poor disaster management and failure of the government in relief work after heavy rainfall in the state in the monsoon season," he said.
Rathore said that the meeting of the BJP Legislative Party, which was scheduled to be held today, was postponed to tomorrow due to the demise of former Gujarat Governor Naval Kishore Sharma.
The meeting will now take place at 10 AM tomorrow in the assembly building before the commencement of the session.
Congress party sources said that the meeting of Business Advisory Committee (BAC) will also take place tomorrow to decide agenda and days of sitting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’