Raj BJP to lift restriction on LPG cylinders if voted to power
Jaipur: BJP on Thursday said that it would lift the restriction on the number of subsidised LPG cylinders to households if voted to power.
"We are fighting against the government and trying to make the Centre withdraw its decision of allowing FDI in retail, hike in diesel price, rationing of LPG cylinders and allotment of coal blocks," BJP Spokesperson Prakash Javadekar told reporters here today.
"If we are voted to power, we will end the restriction of six subsidised LPG cylinders (in a year to each household)," he said.
He, however, did not clarify whether the BJP-ruled states would also raise the cap on the number of LPG cylinders like Congress-ruled states from 6 to 9.
"The economist prime minister has failed to control inflation and that is the most unfortunate thing for the country," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj