Raj Cabinet approves Vidhan Parishad proposal
Jaipur: In a step forward towards constitution of Legislative Council (Upper House) in Rajasthan, the state Cabinet on Monday approved a proposal for presenting a resolution in the state Assembly.
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot after his Budget Speech last month in the Assembly had expressed his intention to form Vidhan Parishad in the state.
In today`s meeting, which was chaired by Gehlot, the Cabinet approved the proposal to present a resolution in the Assembly.
Along with this, several decisions including setting up of "state water resources regulatory authority" and a "rehabilitation and research center for differently-abled
people" were also taken.
Rajasthan Water Resources Regulatory Bill - 2012, state policy for differently-abled people, draft for Rajasthan Rehabilitation of Beggars bill were also approved in the
meeting, according to an official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days