Raj CM lays foundation of Rs 914 cr highway project
Rajasamand (Rajasthan): As part of the state`s ambitious Rs 20,000 crore road development programme, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot Wednesday laid the foundation stone of Rs 914 crore project for widening of roads in the Udaipur section.
The project for four laning of roads would cover the Gomati Chauraha - Udaipur section of NH-8 in the state under National Highway Development Programme (NHDP).
It will be undertaken under the design, build, finance, operate and transfer (DBFOT) model.
Speaking on the occasion, the Minister for Road Transport and Highway C P Joshi said large funds were required to expand the road network in the country.
He said out of 46 lakh kms roads in the country, only 76,000 km were national highways.
"We have always focussed on the common man and our policies have reached the common man", Gehlot said on the occasion.
The project would be undertaken by Sadbhav Engineering, Ahmedabad.
The venture is called Shreenathji-Udaipur Tollway Pvt Ltd.
On completion, the government would receive a premium of Rs 21.60 crore for 27 years with an annual increase of five per cent from this project.
The work on the project is likely to be completed by 2015.
Meanwhile, National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) has so far awarded about Rs 28,000 crore worth of projects in the last six months.
The projects earlier awarded on premium include Ahmedabad- Vadodara, Beawar-Pali-Pindwara, Barwa-Adda-Panagarh and Kishangarh-Udaipur-Ahmedabad stretches.
"The state government should provide speedy land and forest clearance for timely completion of infrastructure projects," Road Secretary AK Upadhyay said while addressing a gathering here.
Earlier this month, the government approved Rs 899.24 crore investment proposal for building a section of National Highway 758 in Rajasthan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security