Raj CM lays foundation of Rs 914 cr highway project
Rajasamand (Rajasthan): As part of the state`s ambitious Rs 20,000 crore road development programme, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot Wednesday laid the foundation stone of Rs 914 crore project for widening of roads in the Udaipur section.
The project for four laning of roads would cover the Gomati Chauraha - Udaipur section of NH-8 in the state under National Highway Development Programme (NHDP).
It will be undertaken under the design, build, finance, operate and transfer (DBFOT) model.
Speaking on the occasion, the Minister for Road Transport and Highway C P Joshi said large funds were required to expand the road network in the country.
He said out of 46 lakh kms roads in the country, only 76,000 km were national highways.
"We have always focussed on the common man and our policies have reached the common man", Gehlot said on the occasion.
The project would be undertaken by Sadbhav Engineering, Ahmedabad.
The venture is called Shreenathji-Udaipur Tollway Pvt Ltd.
On completion, the government would receive a premium of Rs 21.60 crore for 27 years with an annual increase of five per cent from this project.
The work on the project is likely to be completed by 2015.
Meanwhile, National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) has so far awarded about Rs 28,000 crore worth of projects in the last six months.
The projects earlier awarded on premium include Ahmedabad- Vadodara, Beawar-Pali-Pindwara, Barwa-Adda-Panagarh and Kishangarh-Udaipur-Ahmedabad stretches.
"The state government should provide speedy land and forest clearance for timely completion of infrastructure projects," Road Secretary AK Upadhyay said while addressing a gathering here.
Earlier this month, the government approved Rs 899.24 crore investment proposal for building a section of National Highway 758 in Rajasthan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway