Raj Cong`s poll manifesto to feature welfare of farmers, women
Jaipur: The ruling Congress in Rajasthan today said the development of women, farmers and backward communities will primarily figure in the party manifesto for the Assembly polls, scheduled to be held later this year.
"Our manifesto will be primarily dedicated to students, women, youths, farmers and underprivileged class. We will take Rajasthan to a new height by following that manifesto (if retained power)," Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) Chief Chandrabhan said at a public meeting in Dhariyawad area in Pratapgarh district.
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, who was also present on the occasion, said that the government has provided laptops to meritorious students so that they can keep pace with changing time and learn basics of the computer.
Gehlot claimed that due to robust financial management by the government, developmental activities in the state have been accelerated.
The party leaders also paid tributes to the former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi on his death anniversary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?