Raj govt directs officials to curb child marriages
Jaipur: Rajasthan government on Monday directed
all the district collectors and SPs to ensure effective curb
on child marriages in the state.
"All the district collectors and SPs have been directed to
make appropriate arrangements to stop child marriages on the
occasion of Akah Teej on May 6," Additional Chief Secretary
(Home) Pradeep Dev said in Jaipur.
Child marriages take place in large numbers on the
occasion of Akha Teej in the state.
"They have been also asked to fix responsibility of
officials who have been deputed to control child marriages
under the Prohibition of Child Marriage Act 2006 across the
state and action will be taken against such officials if child
marriage takes place," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach