Raj govt directs officials to curb child marriages
Jaipur: Rajasthan government on Monday directed
all the district collectors and SPs to ensure effective curb
on child marriages in the state.
"All the district collectors and SPs have been directed to
make appropriate arrangements to stop child marriages on the
occasion of Akah Teej on May 6," Additional Chief Secretary
(Home) Pradeep Dev said in Jaipur.
Child marriages take place in large numbers on the
occasion of Akha Teej in the state.
"They have been also asked to fix responsibility of
officials who have been deputed to control child marriages
under the Prohibition of Child Marriage Act 2006 across the
state and action will be taken against such officials if child
marriage takes place," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Timeline of 2009 Jigisha murder case
- Railways offer bedroll for sleeper, unreserved passengers
- There's nothing wrong in Oppn leaders meeting PM Modi: J&K Mehbooba Mufti
- 'India wants to be friends, but Pakistan, China have sin in their minds'
- UK report recommends special prison units for Islamist extremists