Raj govt directs officials to curb child marriages
Jaipur: Rajasthan government on Monday directed
all the district collectors and SPs to ensure effective curb
on child marriages in the state.
"All the district collectors and SPs have been directed to
make appropriate arrangements to stop child marriages on the
occasion of Akah Teej on May 6," Additional Chief Secretary
(Home) Pradeep Dev said in Jaipur.
Child marriages take place in large numbers on the
occasion of Akha Teej in the state.
"They have been also asked to fix responsibility of
officials who have been deputed to control child marriages
under the Prohibition of Child Marriage Act 2006 across the
state and action will be taken against such officials if child
marriage takes place," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured