Raj govt employees warned against joining RSS
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government has issued circular warning state government employees against taking part in any event organised by the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS). The right-wing organisation is holding a two day ‘Chintan Shivir’ from September 28 in Jaipur.
Citing Rule 7 of the service rules 1971 which bans state government employees from being members of a political party or an organisation that indulges in politics, the Ashok Gehlot-led government has asked district collectors and head of departments to keep a close watch on their subordinates’ activities.
If any government employee is found taking part in the RSS event, the government may take disciplinary action, the circular said.
The earlier Congress government of Ashok Gehlot had also issued a similar circular.
However, RSS leaders have scoffed at the ban, one activist told Zee News: “Such circulars were issued earlier too. Let the government do their work, we will do ours.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter