Raj govt employees warned against joining RSS
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government has issued circular warning state government employees against taking part in any event organised by the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS). The right-wing organisation is holding a two day ‘Chintan Shivir’ from September 28 in Jaipur.
Citing Rule 7 of the service rules 1971 which bans state government employees from being members of a political party or an organisation that indulges in politics, the Ashok Gehlot-led government has asked district collectors and head of departments to keep a close watch on their subordinates’ activities.
If any government employee is found taking part in the RSS event, the government may take disciplinary action, the circular said.
The earlier Congress government of Ashok Gehlot had also issued a similar circular.
However, RSS leaders have scoffed at the ban, one activist told Zee News: “Such circulars were issued earlier too. Let the government do their work, we will do ours.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray