Raj govt employees warned against joining RSS
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government has issued circular warning state government employees against taking part in any event organised by the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS). The right-wing organisation is holding a two day ‘Chintan Shivir’ from September 28 in Jaipur.
Citing Rule 7 of the service rules 1971 which bans state government employees from being members of a political party or an organisation that indulges in politics, the Ashok Gehlot-led government has asked district collectors and head of departments to keep a close watch on their subordinates’ activities.
If any government employee is found taking part in the RSS event, the government may take disciplinary action, the circular said.
The earlier Congress government of Ashok Gehlot had also issued a similar circular.
However, RSS leaders have scoffed at the ban, one activist told Zee News: “Such circulars were issued earlier too. Let the government do their work, we will do ours.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days