Raj govt employees warned against joining RSS
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government has issued circular warning state government employees against taking part in any event organised by the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS). The right-wing organisation is holding a two day ‘Chintan Shivir’ from September 28 in Jaipur.
Citing Rule 7 of the service rules 1971 which bans state government employees from being members of a political party or an organisation that indulges in politics, the Ashok Gehlot-led government has asked district collectors and head of departments to keep a close watch on their subordinates’ activities.
If any government employee is found taking part in the RSS event, the government may take disciplinary action, the circular said.
The earlier Congress government of Ashok Gehlot had also issued a similar circular.
However, RSS leaders have scoffed at the ban, one activist told Zee News: “Such circulars were issued earlier too. Let the government do their work, we will do ours.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani