Raj govt "gifted" land to Beniwal, charge denied
Jaipur: BJP on Monday accused Rajasthan government of gifting "developed" land in Jaipur to a former Congress leader and Gujarat governor Kamla Beniwal and some others, a charge denied by state ministers as baseless.
BJP secretary Kirit Somaiya alleged at a press conference that the residential/commercial lands at Jhotwada in Jaipur were allotted to Beniwal and others sometime ago after a resolution was passed at a meeting of "Kisan Samuhik Krishi Shakari Samiti" last year.
No official from the Governor`s office was immediately available for comment.
Rajasthan Cooperative Minister Parsadi Lal Meena rejected as baseless the allegations.
"JDA gave compensation to the society, not to any individual. So, the allegation that individuals were benefitted is baseless automatically," he said.
"The government has already set a condition that the land will not be transferred without its prior permission.
"Kamla Beniwal may be a member of that society but it does not mean that any individual was benefitted," he added.
Somaiya should have read Rajasthan Cooperative Societies Act well before making such allegations, he added.
Urban Development Minister Shanti Dhariwal said the matter concerned was an old issue of 1957-58 which is being raked up with a political motive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!