Raj govt "gifted" land to Beniwal, charge denied
Jaipur: BJP on Monday accused Rajasthan government of gifting "developed" land in Jaipur to a former Congress leader and Gujarat governor Kamla Beniwal and some others, a charge denied by state ministers as baseless.
BJP secretary Kirit Somaiya alleged at a press conference that the residential/commercial lands at Jhotwada in Jaipur were allotted to Beniwal and others sometime ago after a resolution was passed at a meeting of "Kisan Samuhik Krishi Shakari Samiti" last year.
No official from the Governor`s office was immediately available for comment.
Rajasthan Cooperative Minister Parsadi Lal Meena rejected as baseless the allegations.
"JDA gave compensation to the society, not to any individual. So, the allegation that individuals were benefitted is baseless automatically," he said.
"The government has already set a condition that the land will not be transferred without its prior permission.
"Kamla Beniwal may be a member of that society but it does not mean that any individual was benefitted," he added.
Somaiya should have read Rajasthan Cooperative Societies Act well before making such allegations, he added.
Urban Development Minister Shanti Dhariwal said the matter concerned was an old issue of 1957-58 which is being raked up with a political motive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming