`Raj govt has never interfered in CBI probe`
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot
Monday said that the government has never interfered in the CBI investigations of Dara Singh encounter and Bhanwari Devi
abduction and murder cases.
"Investigation in Dara Singh encounter case was ordered
by the Supreme court and the state government has no role in
this," Gehlot told reporters in the assembly premises here.
"Leader of opposition is levelling false allegations on
the state government because she is disturbed with pro-people
budget. The budget is excellent and each section of the
society is satisfied so the BJP is frustrated," he said.
Gehlot pointed out that the state government had written
to the CBI for investigation into Dara singh encounter case in
the past but the matter was not taken up and then the CBI
inquiry was ordered by Supreme Court.
"A former minister of the former government (headed by
Raje) also said that the role of then chief minister should be
investigated in this case so she is trying to defend herself
by accusing the government," he said.
The chief minister said that since the matter is
sub-judice and the CBI has submitted a chargesheet, the BJP
should not make it an issue.
BJP Whip Rajendra Rathore was arrested on April five in
connection with the fake encounter of liquor smuggler Dara
Singh in 2006 when Rathore was a minister in Vasundhra Raje
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre