`Raj govt has never interfered in CBI probe`
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot
Monday said that the government has never interfered in the CBI investigations of Dara Singh encounter and Bhanwari Devi
abduction and murder cases.
"Investigation in Dara Singh encounter case was ordered
by the Supreme court and the state government has no role in
this," Gehlot told reporters in the assembly premises here.
"Leader of opposition is levelling false allegations on
the state government because she is disturbed with pro-people
budget. The budget is excellent and each section of the
society is satisfied so the BJP is frustrated," he said.
Gehlot pointed out that the state government had written
to the CBI for investigation into Dara singh encounter case in
the past but the matter was not taken up and then the CBI
inquiry was ordered by Supreme Court.
"A former minister of the former government (headed by
Raje) also said that the role of then chief minister should be
investigated in this case so she is trying to defend herself
by accusing the government," he said.
The chief minister said that since the matter is
sub-judice and the CBI has submitted a chargesheet, the BJP
should not make it an issue.
BJP Whip Rajendra Rathore was arrested on April five in
connection with the fake encounter of liquor smuggler Dara
Singh in 2006 when Rathore was a minister in Vasundhra Raje
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh