Raj govt may ask bureaucrats to make their assets public
Jaipur: After making the details of assets
of Chief Minister and ministers public, the Rajasthan
government is now planning to ask bureaucrats to follow suit.
"In the Cabinet meeting today, we discussed that assets
and liabilities of IAS and IPS officers should also be posted
at the government website. We will look into its legal aspects
and if possible, we will do that," Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot
told reporters after the meeting here.
"The move is aimed at bringing transparency. In
accordance with UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi`s five point
programme for transparent governance, we made available the
details of our assets and liabilities at website recently and
it would be better if we do it for bureaucrats also," he said.
The assets and liabilities of Gehlot and other state
ministers were posted at CMO`s website last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah