Raj govt may ask bureaucrats to make their assets public
Jaipur: After making the details of assets
of Chief Minister and ministers public, the Rajasthan
government is now planning to ask bureaucrats to follow suit.
"In the Cabinet meeting today, we discussed that assets
and liabilities of IAS and IPS officers should also be posted
at the government website. We will look into its legal aspects
and if possible, we will do that," Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot
told reporters after the meeting here.
"The move is aimed at bringing transparency. In
accordance with UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi`s five point
programme for transparent governance, we made available the
details of our assets and liabilities at website recently and
it would be better if we do it for bureaucrats also," he said.
The assets and liabilities of Gehlot and other state
ministers were posted at CMO`s website last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?