Raj govt may ask bureaucrats to make their assets public
Jaipur: After making the details of assets
of Chief Minister and ministers public, the Rajasthan
government is now planning to ask bureaucrats to follow suit.
"In the Cabinet meeting today, we discussed that assets
and liabilities of IAS and IPS officers should also be posted
at the government website. We will look into its legal aspects
and if possible, we will do that," Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot
told reporters after the meeting here.
"The move is aimed at bringing transparency. In
accordance with UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi`s five point
programme for transparent governance, we made available the
details of our assets and liabilities at website recently and
it would be better if we do it for bureaucrats also," he said.
The assets and liabilities of Gehlot and other state
ministers were posted at CMO`s website last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price