Raj govt sanctions over Rs 20 cr for water during summers
Jaipur: To provide drinking water at public places in state during summers, Rajasthan Government has sanctioned Rs 20.68 crore.
Water will be made available through tankers and other sources in areas which are facing water crisis, Principal Secretary Public Health and Engineering department, Purshottam Agrawal said on Tuesday.
He said that departmental action will be taken against engineers if any of them did not ensure proper water supply in the rural as well as urban areas.
The desert state faces water crisis during the summer season as level of ground water in most of the zones has gone deeper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise