Raj govt sanctions over Rs 20 cr for water during summers
Jaipur: To provide drinking water at public places in state during summers, Rajasthan Government has sanctioned Rs 20.68 crore.
Water will be made available through tankers and other sources in areas which are facing water crisis, Principal Secretary Public Health and Engineering department, Purshottam Agrawal said on Tuesday.
He said that departmental action will be taken against engineers if any of them did not ensure proper water supply in the rural as well as urban areas.
The desert state faces water crisis during the summer season as level of ground water in most of the zones has gone deeper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, China should resolve issues through political acumen: Pranab Mukherjee
- Ex-Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi convoy attacked, police van set on fire near Gaya
- IPL 2016: David Warner praises SRH bowlers, fielders for win over KKR in IPL Eliminator
- Not just LGBT, Sonam Kapoor is strong supporter of basic human rights
- After Arvind Kejriwal, Sonia Gandhi meets 13-year-old Delhi rape victim at AIIMS