Raj govt sanctions over Rs 20 cr for water during summers
Jaipur: To provide drinking water at public places in state during summers, Rajasthan Government has sanctioned Rs 20.68 crore.
Water will be made available through tankers and other sources in areas which are facing water crisis, Principal Secretary Public Health and Engineering department, Purshottam Agrawal said on Tuesday.
He said that departmental action will be taken against engineers if any of them did not ensure proper water supply in the rural as well as urban areas.
The desert state faces water crisis during the summer season as level of ground water in most of the zones has gone deeper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Jio test uses commercial airwaves, but no revenue to govt: COAI
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 1st Test, Day 4: Play abandoned again in Durban
- RBL Bank's IPO oversubscribed 3 times on Day 2
- GST promises to boost GDP growth rates by up to 2%: President
- Vodafone to start e-KYC from Aug 24 for instant SIM activation