Raj govt sanctions over Rs 20 cr for water during summers
Jaipur: To provide drinking water at public places in state during summers, Rajasthan Government has sanctioned Rs 20.68 crore.
Water will be made available through tankers and other sources in areas which are facing water crisis, Principal Secretary Public Health and Engineering department, Purshottam Agrawal said on Tuesday.
He said that departmental action will be taken against engineers if any of them did not ensure proper water supply in the rural as well as urban areas.
The desert state faces water crisis during the summer season as level of ground water in most of the zones has gone deeper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured