Raj govt`s carelessness led to pilgrims` death in U`khand: BJP
Jaipur: Rajasthan BJP president Vasundhara Raje on Monday alleged many pilgrims from the state stranded in flood-ravaged Uttarakhand have died of "hunger and cold" due to Ashok Gehlot government`s "carelessness" to provide relief measures on time.
"Many pilgrims from the state have died due to the state government`s carelessness...If the ruling Congress was alert and active like its BJP counterpart in Gujarat, lives of many pilgrims could have been saved," she told a public meeting at Ajeetgarh-Neemkathan during her `Suraj Sankalp` rally.
Raje claimed many pilgrims who have been rescued told her, "Several people died of hunger and cold. People were requesting the government but there was no one to hear their cries and woes."
She also demanded Gehlot`s resignation, saying, "Head of the state who could not save lives of his own people has no right to be on the chair."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'