Raj govt`s carelessness led to pilgrims` death in U`khand: BJP
Jaipur: Rajasthan BJP president Vasundhara Raje on Monday alleged many pilgrims from the state stranded in flood-ravaged Uttarakhand have died of "hunger and cold" due to Ashok Gehlot government`s "carelessness" to provide relief measures on time.
"Many pilgrims from the state have died due to the state government`s carelessness...If the ruling Congress was alert and active like its BJP counterpart in Gujarat, lives of many pilgrims could have been saved," she told a public meeting at Ajeetgarh-Neemkathan during her `Suraj Sankalp` rally.
Raje claimed many pilgrims who have been rescued told her, "Several people died of hunger and cold. People were requesting the government but there was no one to hear their cries and woes."
She also demanded Gehlot`s resignation, saying, "Head of the state who could not save lives of his own people has no right to be on the chair."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'