Raj HC okays govt takeover of erstwhile zamindar`s excess land
Jaipur: The Rajasthan High Court on Wednesday paved the way for the state government to acquire around 66 bighas of excess land held by the erstwhile zamindar of Hasanpura, disposing of a batch of 38-year-old petitions.
Justice Mohammad Rafique also said if required the state government could acquire a part of land of NEI Ltd., a beneficiary of the distribution of land by the late zamindar, Rao Rawal Rajeshwar Singh.
The writ petitions were filed by Rao Rawal Rajeshwar Singh, NEI Ltd, and Surendra Pal Colony Vikas Samiti.
The petitioners challenged the decision of then SDO of Amer regarding acquisition of 66 bigha and 19 biswas of land of the zamindar as it was found to be in the excess of the upper ceiling of 30 standard acres of land.
Rao Rawal Rajeshwar Singh possessed 66 bighas and 19 biswas of surplus land. In order to save his lands, he transferred 47.8 bighas of land to National Engineering Industry (NEI) Ltd.
The then Amer SDO, however, de-recognised the transfers of land and held that the zamindar had 129.1/3 standard acres of land. Since his family consisted of less than five members he was entitled to retain only 30 standard acres of land, and the balance 99.1/3 standard acres was to be acquired from him.
Partly allowing the writ of NEI Ltd., Justice Rafiq said, "The State shall first take possession of un-encumbered land of Rao Rawal Rajeshwar Singh/his legal representatives and if such land falls short, then only, it shall proceed to acquire and take possession of the land of NEI."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people