Raj HC stays trial of Bhanwari Devi murder case
Jodhpur: The Rajasthan High Court on Wednesday stayed the trial of the Bhanwari Devi abduction and murder case, which was scheduled to begin from January 15, and has issued notices to all the accused and CBI after hearing different revisions petitions.
Justice Nirmal Jeet Kaur, while admitting the revision petitions filed by the CBI, Amarchand (husband of Bhanwari Devi), Pukhraj and Dinesh, has directed the matter to be listed for hearing these petitions after four weeks and has ordered the trial court to relist the matter for trial a week after that.
While the CBI had challenged the decision of the lower court to discharge and bail out Paras Ram Bishnoi and Om Prakash, three accused Amarchand, Pukhraj and Dinesh have filed separate petitions for revision of their charges.
Senior Special Counsel of the CBI, Ashok Joshi told that the CBI`s revision petition also include the charges against all the accused except Indra Bishnoi.
"The charges framed by the lower court have wrong facts and hence defective. We have sought from the High Court that these facts are to be set right," Joshi said.
The court has issued notices to the CBI and all the accused and has given four weeks time for their reply.
"The court has also stayed the trail of the case, which was listed for 15, 16, 17 and 18 of this month in succession," the CBI counsel said, adding this will proceed after the revision petitions will be decided.
36-year-old Bhanwari, who was an auxiliary nurse, had gone missing from Jodhpur`s Bilara area on September 1.
During the CBI probe, it was found that she was allegedly abducted and killed and her body burnt at Jaloda. Her remains and belongings were later dumped in the Rajiv Gandhi Lift Canal, which were recovered by the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Scrapping 15-year old vehicles: Draft policy to to be ready in a fortnight
- Just Awesome! WATCH KL Rahul score incredible ton against West Indies in just 46 balls
- Walking can cut cardiovascular death by half
- When Robert Vadra had verbal spat with BJP MLA Ganesh Joshi over police horse Shaktiman's death - ALL DETAILS HERE
- 'Those provoking youth in Kashmir for Jihaad have kept their children in safe havens'