Raj: HC takes cognisance of prisoners` plight rpt
Jaipur: Taking a suo motu cognisance of a
news report highlighting plight of old and sick prisoners who
were entitled for premature release but are languishing in
jails, the Rajasthan High Court on Tuesday asked the state
government what measures were taken by it in this regard.
A division bench of Justices Dalip Singh and SS Kothari
directed the authorities to place on record by March 27 that
what action was taken after 2006 to consider the cases of
inmates who were entitled for premature release under the Jail
The court also directed DG (Jail) Omendra Bharadwaj to
file a detailed report of the number of male and female
inmates above the age of 70 and 65 years respectively
languishing in jails.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda