Raj: Idol desecration creates law and order issue
Jaipur: The alleged desecration of an idol
of Lord Hanuman in a temple sparked tension in Baran district
of Rajasthan on Monday.
The incident, which took place last night, irked locals
who blocked a road in Seeswali area demanding immediate arrest
of those behind the act, police said.
However, the situation was brought under control and
policemen were deployed in the area as a precautionary
measure, they said.
"It was suspected to be an act of some miscreant but
investigations so far suggest that it might be an accident as
a bottle of oil was found near the idol," said a police
"Situation in the area is peaceful now and efforts are
being made to ascertain the exact cause behind the fire," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves