Raj: Idol desecration creates law and order issue
Jaipur: The alleged desecration of an idol
of Lord Hanuman in a temple sparked tension in Baran district
of Rajasthan on Monday.
The incident, which took place last night, irked locals
who blocked a road in Seeswali area demanding immediate arrest
of those behind the act, police said.
However, the situation was brought under control and
policemen were deployed in the area as a precautionary
measure, they said.
"It was suspected to be an act of some miscreant but
investigations so far suggest that it might be an accident as
a bottle of oil was found near the idol," said a police
"Situation in the area is peaceful now and efforts are
being made to ascertain the exact cause behind the fire," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India