Raj: Idol desecration creates law and order issue
Jaipur: The alleged desecration of an idol
of Lord Hanuman in a temple sparked tension in Baran district
of Rajasthan on Monday.
The incident, which took place last night, irked locals
who blocked a road in Seeswali area demanding immediate arrest
of those behind the act, police said.
However, the situation was brought under control and
policemen were deployed in the area as a precautionary
measure, they said.
"It was suspected to be an act of some miscreant but
investigations so far suggest that it might be an accident as
a bottle of oil was found near the idol," said a police
"Situation in the area is peaceful now and efforts are
being made to ascertain the exact cause behind the fire," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump