Raj land scam: BJP seeks Guj guv`s removal
Rajkot: BJP on Monday alleged that Gujarat Governor Dr Kamla Beniwal had given "false information" of herself being a farmer in order to acquire a piece of land in Rajasthan.
BJP general secretary Kirit Somaiya, who is also the co-coordinator of party`s Anti Corruption Cell, while talking to media persons here said that Beniwal had tried to acquire huge land in Rajasthan by submitting false information.
"In the information submitted for acquiring the land, Beniwal has claimed that she is a farmer and that she spends 16 hours daily in farming," Somaiya said.
He alleged that the information given by her was totally "incorrect and fake," as how could a person like the Governor could spend 16 hours daily in the farm.
Somaiya has sought that the Governor should either be removed or an inquiry should be ordered against her in this case.
"Beniwal should either be removed from her post of the Governor of Gujarat or an inquiry should be ordered against her to find out her role in the case," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!