Raj lawyers to observe March 1 as `protest day`
Jaipur: Lawyers in Rajasthan will observe March 1 as `Protest Day` and gherao the state Assembly building on March 6 to protest the government "inaction" in meeting their demands, which include allotment of houses on concessional rates among others.
"We have unanimously decided to observe March 1 as `protest day` to protest the apathy of the state government towards our genuine demands," Bar Council of Rajasthan chairman Sanjay Sharma said here on Wednesday.
We have called a statewide dharna on March 1 and will gherao the state Assembly on March 6, he said.
The lawyers are demanding allotment of houses to them on concessional rates, Rs 2,000 stipend per month to a new lawyer till five years, e-library in all bar associations at district and tehsil level, quota for students from Rajasthan in National Law University and pension fund among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets