Raj lawyers to observe March 1 as `protest day`
Jaipur: Lawyers in Rajasthan will observe March 1 as `Protest Day` and gherao the state Assembly building on March 6 to protest the government "inaction" in meeting their demands, which include allotment of houses on concessional rates among others.
"We have unanimously decided to observe March 1 as `protest day` to protest the apathy of the state government towards our genuine demands," Bar Council of Rajasthan chairman Sanjay Sharma said here on Wednesday.
We have called a statewide dharna on March 1 and will gherao the state Assembly on March 6, he said.
The lawyers are demanding allotment of houses to them on concessional rates, Rs 2,000 stipend per month to a new lawyer till five years, e-library in all bar associations at district and tehsil level, quota for students from Rajasthan in National Law University and pension fund among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world