Raj lawyers to observe March 1 as `protest day`
Jaipur: Lawyers in Rajasthan will observe March 1 as `Protest Day` and gherao the state Assembly building on March 6 to protest the government "inaction" in meeting their demands, which include allotment of houses on concessional rates among others.
"We have unanimously decided to observe March 1 as `protest day` to protest the apathy of the state government towards our genuine demands," Bar Council of Rajasthan chairman Sanjay Sharma said here on Wednesday.
We have called a statewide dharna on March 1 and will gherao the state Assembly on March 6, he said.
The lawyers are demanding allotment of houses to them on concessional rates, Rs 2,000 stipend per month to a new lawyer till five years, e-library in all bar associations at district and tehsil level, quota for students from Rajasthan in National Law University and pension fund among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon