Raj lawyers to observe March 1 as `protest day`
Jaipur: Lawyers in Rajasthan will observe March 1 as `Protest Day` and gherao the state Assembly building on March 6 to protest the government "inaction" in meeting their demands, which include allotment of houses on concessional rates among others.
"We have unanimously decided to observe March 1 as `protest day` to protest the apathy of the state government towards our genuine demands," Bar Council of Rajasthan chairman Sanjay Sharma said here on Wednesday.
We have called a statewide dharna on March 1 and will gherao the state Assembly on March 6, he said.
The lawyers are demanding allotment of houses to them on concessional rates, Rs 2,000 stipend per month to a new lawyer till five years, e-library in all bar associations at district and tehsil level, quota for students from Rajasthan in National Law University and pension fund among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test