Raj Minister`s fast-unto-death continues at Jaipur
Jaipur: State minister Golma Devi has
continued a fast-unto-death for the second consecutive day here today as a mark of protest against the alleged apathy of the Rajasthan government towards the demands of tribals.
Golma and husband, Kirori Meena, began their
dharna last week and announced its conversion into fast-unto-death and indefinite agitation yesterday.
Along with the Meena couple, 11 female employees of National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) are also on dharna since
yesterday near civil lines demanding permanent jobs under it.
The Dausa MP and Meena community leader Kirori Meena
is demanding steps to curb corruption and provide employment
opportunities for tribal people and compensation for the
families of those who allegedly died due to starvation in the
tribal region of Udaipur.
He said that chief minister Ashok Gehlot, despite
two rounds of meeting between him and two state ministers, has
not given assurance to meet the demands so far, and the
agitation will be called off after the CM`s assurance to
fulfill the demands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi's remarks irk Opposition which forces brief adjournment in Rajya Sabha
- Zee Entertainment launches Zee.One in Germany
- No talks about starring with Kangana in Ritesh's next: Irrfan Khan
- Dalits refuse to dispose of dead cattle, demand protection in Gujarat
- Silsila was trashed by media at time of release: Amitabh Bachchan