Raj ministers not to avail police escort during districts visits
Jaipur: Rajasthan ministers on Wednesday pledged not to avail police escort during their visits to districts and to keep their cavalcade`s size as small as possible, following Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje`s austerity measures.
The Chief Minister applauded the idea and thanked her cabinet colleagues for their resolution at the Collector-SP conference at the Secretariat here.
She asked state government officials not to hold official meetings and programmes in five-star hotels, and not to organise mass feasts during state events.
During her concluding remarks, Raje asked District Collectors to hold regular meetings with officials of the water?resources and other departments to sort out the issues of water-sharing and solicit suggestions from local MLAs.
The Chief Minister said the focus of such joint meetings should?be drinking water and power supplies, and asked the collectors to ensure supply of good quality food grains under the Food Security Scheme.
She also underlined the need of utilising grazing land for horticulture. It was needed for revenue generation of the panchayats and saving the land from encroachment, she said.
Raje said the collectors should gather details about the condition of the air-strips in their respective districts and improvise the same as this would help in?promotion of tourism in the state.
Chief Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi laid emphasise on curbing the wastage of funds and asked officials not to use official vehicles for private purpose such as?dropping their children to schools. He also said officials were not required to deploy security personnel and helpers at their residences on government expenses.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory