Raj police sets example in solving rape cases
Jaipur: Amid growing demand for speedier justice in cases of crime against women, some young IPS officers in Rajasthan have set an example by submitting chargesheets in rape cases in a short span of time.
Barmer police submitted chargesheet in eight days, while Bundi and Sirohi police, both headed by woman IPS officers, did it in just 3 and 4 days respectively.
In Bundi, a labourer, Shyam Sunder allegedly raped a 13-year-old girl repeatedly at her residence, which came into light on January 4.
The accused was absconding, but was soon arrested under appropriate sections of IPC and Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act- 2012.
"The case was given utmost priority. I assigned the case to a woman officer and the magistrate was also a woman. This ensured things moved swiftly," Superintendent of Police(SP) Bundi, Priti Chandra told reporters here today.
Chargesheet in the case was submitted on January 7. "It was not for setting a record, but an effort to develop a positivity among people for our system," Priti said.
Echoing similar views, SP Sirohi, Lovely Katiyar said that filing of chargesheet in 95 hours in a rape case was an example for those who are driven by negative thoughts.
Sirohi police submitted the chargesheet on January 4 against a 50-year-old Jagya, for allegedly raping a woman. The case was registered on December 31.
Barmer police submitted a chargesheet in eight days on January 3 against Manohar, Narendra and Shera Ram, who allegedly raped a 14-year-old girl in December 2012. "It is the first case in Barmer when the chargesheet in a rape case was submitted in 8 days," Barmer SP, Rahul Barhat claimed.
The Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, in a meeting last month, directed senior officials to expedite investigation in such cases following which the police headquarters issued a 17-point circular to all district SPs directing them to take specific measures to check crime against women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly