Raj police to submit charge sheet in rape case within a week`s time
Jaipur: Rajasthan`s Barmer police would be setting an example by submitting the charge-sheet in a gang rape case within a week`s time.
The police have also invoked `Protection of children from sexual offences act`, implemented in November 2012, as the victim is a minor.
The 13-year old girl was gang-raped by three men in Rawatsar area when she was returning home with her aunt on the night of December 27.
"We have prepared the charge-sheet and would submit it on January 3 in a lower court. The government has also announced fast track court for rape cases and when the courts are notified, the case would be transferred," SP Barmer Rahul Barhat told a news agency on Tuesday.
"Acting swiftly, we nabbed two accused Manohar and Narendra within a few hours of the incident while the third identified as Shera Ram was arrested after some time," he said.
"It is the first case here when the charge sheet in rape case case will be submitted in such a short time," the officer claimed.
Deputy SP Najim Ali, Investigating officer, said that they have included appropriate section of `Protection of children from sexual offences act which has the provision of rigorous imprisonment for life for the accused.
"We have prepared a strong charge-sheet and believe that this will set an example," Ali said.
The accused are in police custody at present.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged