Raj police to submit charge sheet in rape case within a week`s time
Jaipur: Rajasthan`s Barmer police would be setting an example by submitting the charge-sheet in a gang rape case within a week`s time.
The police have also invoked `Protection of children from sexual offences act`, implemented in November 2012, as the victim is a minor.
The 13-year old girl was gang-raped by three men in Rawatsar area when she was returning home with her aunt on the night of December 27.
"We have prepared the charge-sheet and would submit it on January 3 in a lower court. The government has also announced fast track court for rape cases and when the courts are notified, the case would be transferred," SP Barmer Rahul Barhat told a news agency on Tuesday.
"Acting swiftly, we nabbed two accused Manohar and Narendra within a few hours of the incident while the third identified as Shera Ram was arrested after some time," he said.
"It is the first case here when the charge sheet in rape case case will be submitted in such a short time," the officer claimed.
Deputy SP Najim Ali, Investigating officer, said that they have included appropriate section of `Protection of children from sexual offences act which has the provision of rigorous imprisonment for life for the accused.
"We have prepared a strong charge-sheet and believe that this will set an example," Ali said.
The accused are in police custody at present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama