Raj police to submit charge sheet in rape case within a week`s time
Jaipur: Rajasthan`s Barmer police would be setting an example by submitting the charge-sheet in a gang rape case within a week`s time.
The police have also invoked `Protection of children from sexual offences act`, implemented in November 2012, as the victim is a minor.
The 13-year old girl was gang-raped by three men in Rawatsar area when she was returning home with her aunt on the night of December 27.
"We have prepared the charge-sheet and would submit it on January 3 in a lower court. The government has also announced fast track court for rape cases and when the courts are notified, the case would be transferred," SP Barmer Rahul Barhat told a news agency on Tuesday.
"Acting swiftly, we nabbed two accused Manohar and Narendra within a few hours of the incident while the third identified as Shera Ram was arrested after some time," he said.
"It is the first case here when the charge sheet in rape case case will be submitted in such a short time," the officer claimed.
Deputy SP Najim Ali, Investigating officer, said that they have included appropriate section of `Protection of children from sexual offences act which has the provision of rigorous imprisonment for life for the accused.
"We have prepared a strong charge-sheet and believe that this will set an example," Ali said.
The accused are in police custody at present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video