Raj SPs, IGs directed to expedite rape, harassment cases
Jaipur: Rajasthan police today issued a 17-point circular to all district SPs and range IGs to ensure effective implementation of a new work plan of setting up of district level cells in order to expedite cases of rape and harassment.
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot had recently directed the police department to set up cells to monitor investigations in all such cases in all the districts, and directed senior officials to monitor the plan in all the districts.
"All the cells shall have at least one woman police officer and ensure that the cases of rape and woman harassment are being probed properly in their respective districts.
The plan has been introduced and the SPs and IGs have been directed to ensure its effective implementation," Additional DG (Civil Rights) R P Singh said here.
He informed that officers from SHO to SP have been made accountable for disposal of rape and other related cases.
They have been directed to register FIR immediately when the crime is reported to them and immediate medical examination of the victims by a medical board, Singh said.
The officers have also been directed to submit charge sheet within a period of 15 days if they, prima facie, found that the crime was committed, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH