Raj SPs, IGs directed to expedite rape, harassment cases
Jaipur: Rajasthan police today issued a 17-point circular to all district SPs and range IGs to ensure effective implementation of a new work plan of setting up of district level cells in order to expedite cases of rape and harassment.
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot had recently directed the police department to set up cells to monitor investigations in all such cases in all the districts, and directed senior officials to monitor the plan in all the districts.
"All the cells shall have at least one woman police officer and ensure that the cases of rape and woman harassment are being probed properly in their respective districts.
The plan has been introduced and the SPs and IGs have been directed to ensure its effective implementation," Additional DG (Civil Rights) R P Singh said here.
He informed that officers from SHO to SP have been made accountable for disposal of rape and other related cases.
They have been directed to register FIR immediately when the crime is reported to them and immediate medical examination of the victims by a medical board, Singh said.
The officers have also been directed to submit charge sheet within a period of 15 days if they, prima facie, found that the crime was committed, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand