Raj SPs, IGs directed to expedite rape, harassment cases
Jaipur: Rajasthan police today issued a 17-point circular to all district SPs and range IGs to ensure effective implementation of a new work plan of setting up of district level cells in order to expedite cases of rape and harassment.
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot had recently directed the police department to set up cells to monitor investigations in all such cases in all the districts, and directed senior officials to monitor the plan in all the districts.
"All the cells shall have at least one woman police officer and ensure that the cases of rape and woman harassment are being probed properly in their respective districts.
The plan has been introduced and the SPs and IGs have been directed to ensure its effective implementation," Additional DG (Civil Rights) R P Singh said here.
He informed that officers from SHO to SP have been made accountable for disposal of rape and other related cases.
They have been directed to register FIR immediately when the crime is reported to them and immediate medical examination of the victims by a medical board, Singh said.
The officers have also been directed to submit charge sheet within a period of 15 days if they, prima facie, found that the crime was committed, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test
- Donald Trump threatens to leave WTO
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event