Raj to award laptops to meritorious board students
Jaipur: Rajasthan government on Monday announced
laptops for students securing positions in the state board
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot in his budget speech announced
the Rs 70-crore scheme under which top 10,000 students in
secondary and senior secondary Rajasthan board examinations
will be awarded laptops.
Besides, special learning laptops will be awarded to
toppers of class-VIII exam in all the 24,000 government
schools across the state.
Gehlot also announced to recruit 20,000 teachers and
creation of 800 new Urdu teachers` posts.
Setting up of libraries in remaining 12,000 of the total
24,000 higher primary government schools, residential schools
one each in Jodhpur and Kota for orphans, upgrading of higher
primary government schools to secondary level in 79 gram
panchayats where there is no secondary school were among other
announcements he made for the education sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days