Raj to award laptops to meritorious board students
Jaipur: Rajasthan government on Monday announced
laptops for students securing positions in the state board
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot in his budget speech announced
the Rs 70-crore scheme under which top 10,000 students in
secondary and senior secondary Rajasthan board examinations
will be awarded laptops.
Besides, special learning laptops will be awarded to
toppers of class-VIII exam in all the 24,000 government
schools across the state.
Gehlot also announced to recruit 20,000 teachers and
creation of 800 new Urdu teachers` posts.
Setting up of libraries in remaining 12,000 of the total
24,000 higher primary government schools, residential schools
one each in Jodhpur and Kota for orphans, upgrading of higher
primary government schools to secondary level in 79 gram
panchayats where there is no secondary school were among other
announcements he made for the education sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III