Raj to award laptops to meritorious board students
Jaipur: Rajasthan government on Monday announced
laptops for students securing positions in the state board
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot in his budget speech announced
the Rs 70-crore scheme under which top 10,000 students in
secondary and senior secondary Rajasthan board examinations
will be awarded laptops.
Besides, special learning laptops will be awarded to
toppers of class-VIII exam in all the 24,000 government
schools across the state.
Gehlot also announced to recruit 20,000 teachers and
creation of 800 new Urdu teachers` posts.
Setting up of libraries in remaining 12,000 of the total
24,000 higher primary government schools, residential schools
one each in Jodhpur and Kota for orphans, upgrading of higher
primary government schools to secondary level in 79 gram
panchayats where there is no secondary school were among other
announcements he made for the education sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot