Raj to award laptops to meritorious board students
Jaipur: Rajasthan government on Monday announced
laptops for students securing positions in the state board
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot in his budget speech announced
the Rs 70-crore scheme under which top 10,000 students in
secondary and senior secondary Rajasthan board examinations
will be awarded laptops.
Besides, special learning laptops will be awarded to
toppers of class-VIII exam in all the 24,000 government
schools across the state.
Gehlot also announced to recruit 20,000 teachers and
creation of 800 new Urdu teachers` posts.
Setting up of libraries in remaining 12,000 of the total
24,000 higher primary government schools, residential schools
one each in Jodhpur and Kota for orphans, upgrading of higher
primary government schools to secondary level in 79 gram
panchayats where there is no secondary school were among other
announcements he made for the education sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living