Raj: Woman delivers baby in toilet, newborn dies
Kota: A seven months pregnant woman, admitted in a private hospital here, on Sunday gave birth to a baby girl in a toilet leading to the death of the newborn due to severe head injuries.
22-year-old Babita was admitted to the private hospital in Dadabari area here last night after she developed pregnancy-related complications, police said, adding that the woman was given an injection to induce labour.
When Babita went to relieve herself this morning, she gave birth to a baby girl in the toilet, SHO, Dadabari police station, Dharmendra Kumar Sharma said.
The newborn received severe head injuries leading to its death, he added.
Babita`s family later lodged a complaint at Dadabari police station, accusing the hospital of medical negligence.
"A case of negligence has been lodged against the owners of the private hospital. However, no arrests have been made so far," Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?