Raj: Woman delivers baby in toilet, newborn dies
Kota: A seven months pregnant woman, admitted in a private hospital here, on Sunday gave birth to a baby girl in a toilet leading to the death of the newborn due to severe head injuries.
22-year-old Babita was admitted to the private hospital in Dadabari area here last night after she developed pregnancy-related complications, police said, adding that the woman was given an injection to induce labour.
When Babita went to relieve herself this morning, she gave birth to a baby girl in the toilet, SHO, Dadabari police station, Dharmendra Kumar Sharma said.
The newborn received severe head injuries leading to its death, he added.
Babita`s family later lodged a complaint at Dadabari police station, accusing the hospital of medical negligence.
"A case of negligence has been lodged against the owners of the private hospital. However, no arrests have been made so far," Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’