Raj: Woman delivers baby in toilet, newborn dies
Kota: A seven months pregnant woman, admitted in a private hospital here, on Sunday gave birth to a baby girl in a toilet leading to the death of the newborn due to severe head injuries.
22-year-old Babita was admitted to the private hospital in Dadabari area here last night after she developed pregnancy-related complications, police said, adding that the woman was given an injection to induce labour.
When Babita went to relieve herself this morning, she gave birth to a baby girl in the toilet, SHO, Dadabari police station, Dharmendra Kumar Sharma said.
The newborn received severe head injuries leading to its death, he added.
Babita`s family later lodged a complaint at Dadabari police station, accusing the hospital of medical negligence.
"A case of negligence has been lodged against the owners of the private hospital. However, no arrests have been made so far," Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell