Raj: Woman delivers baby in toilet, newborn dies
Kota: A seven months pregnant woman, admitted in a private hospital here, on Sunday gave birth to a baby girl in a toilet leading to the death of the newborn due to severe head injuries.
22-year-old Babita was admitted to the private hospital in Dadabari area here last night after she developed pregnancy-related complications, police said, adding that the woman was given an injection to induce labour.
When Babita went to relieve herself this morning, she gave birth to a baby girl in the toilet, SHO, Dadabari police station, Dharmendra Kumar Sharma said.
The newborn received severe head injuries leading to its death, he added.
Babita`s family later lodged a complaint at Dadabari police station, accusing the hospital of medical negligence.
"A case of negligence has been lodged against the owners of the private hospital. However, no arrests have been made so far," Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?