Rajashtan govt to bear Rs 832 cr to provide subsid
Jaipur: Rajasthan Government will bear Rs 832 crore annually to provide subsidy on LPG gas cylinders to 64 lakh consumers in the state, a day after the Congress-ruled states were asked by the party high command to raise the number of cylinders from the proposed six to nine annually.
While disclosing this here today, an official spokesperson said that the state government has decided to raise the cap of subsidised LPG cylinders to households from 6 to 9 in a year last night at the cabinet meeting.
The state government will have to bear Rs 832 crore on an annual basis to provide subsidy on LPG cylinders, the spokesperson said.
Beyond the limit of nine cylinders on subsidised rates, the consumers will have to pay market price, he added.
Last year in June, the state government had decided to provide subsidy of Rs 25 per cylinder when the price was increased by Rs 50 and that subsidy (Rs 125 crore annyally) is continuing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok