Rajashtan govt to bear Rs 832 cr to provide subsid
Jaipur: Rajasthan Government will bear Rs 832 crore annually to provide subsidy on LPG gas cylinders to 64 lakh consumers in the state, a day after the Congress-ruled states were asked by the party high command to raise the number of cylinders from the proposed six to nine annually.
While disclosing this here today, an official spokesperson said that the state government has decided to raise the cap of subsidised LPG cylinders to households from 6 to 9 in a year last night at the cabinet meeting.
The state government will have to bear Rs 832 crore on an annual basis to provide subsidy on LPG cylinders, the spokesperson said.
Beyond the limit of nine cylinders on subsidised rates, the consumers will have to pay market price, he added.
Last year in June, the state government had decided to provide subsidy of Rs 25 per cylinder when the price was increased by Rs 50 and that subsidy (Rs 125 crore annyally) is continuing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie