Rajashtan govt to bear Rs 832 cr to provide subsid
Jaipur: Rajasthan Government will bear Rs 832 crore annually to provide subsidy on LPG gas cylinders to 64 lakh consumers in the state, a day after the Congress-ruled states were asked by the party high command to raise the number of cylinders from the proposed six to nine annually.
While disclosing this here today, an official spokesperson said that the state government has decided to raise the cap of subsidised LPG cylinders to households from 6 to 9 in a year last night at the cabinet meeting.
The state government will have to bear Rs 832 crore on an annual basis to provide subsidy on LPG cylinders, the spokesperson said.
Beyond the limit of nine cylinders on subsidised rates, the consumers will have to pay market price, he added.
Last year in June, the state government had decided to provide subsidy of Rs 25 per cylinder when the price was increased by Rs 50 and that subsidy (Rs 125 crore annyally) is continuing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB