Rajasthan: 12 doctors suspended for violation of PCPNDT Act
Jaipur: The Rajasthan Medical Council has suspended the registration of 12 doctors for alleged violation of Pre Conception and Pre Natal Diagnostic Techniques Act.
Five doctors were involved in sex selection and they provided information about the sex of the foetus, Archana Johri, Registrar of Rajasthan Medical Council said adding the rest violated other provisions of the Act.
Eleven of the doctors are from SriGanganagar, while one is from Udaipur, Johri said on Tuesday.
She said that the RMC suspended registration under the PCPNDT Act yesterday.
Charges against the doctors of SriGanganagar were framed in a local court while the state PCPNDT cell framed charges against the doctors in Udaipur and all the cases are of the current year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive