Rajasthan: 12 doctors suspended for violation of PCPNDT Act
Jaipur: The Rajasthan Medical Council has suspended the registration of 12 doctors for alleged violation of Pre Conception and Pre Natal Diagnostic Techniques Act.
Five doctors were involved in sex selection and they provided information about the sex of the foetus, Archana Johri, Registrar of Rajasthan Medical Council said adding the rest violated other provisions of the Act.
Eleven of the doctors are from SriGanganagar, while one is from Udaipur, Johri said on Tuesday.
She said that the RMC suspended registration under the PCPNDT Act yesterday.
Charges against the doctors of SriGanganagar were framed in a local court while the state PCPNDT cell framed charges against the doctors in Udaipur and all the cases are of the current year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof