Rajasthan: 16 killed, 54 injured in road mishaps
Jaipur: Sixteen people were killed and 54
others injured in two road accidents on Friday in Rajasthan.
Thirteen people, including four women, were killed and 36
others injured when a bus in which they were travelling fell
into a deep gorge near Chipaberi village in Sirohi district.
"While nine people died on the spot, 36 injured were
rushed to a hospital where four of them later succumbed to
their injuries," SP Sirohi Kailash Chandra.
The incident took place when the driver of the bus, en
route to Mount Abu from Gujarat and carrying 49 passengers,
lost control over the vehicle and it skidded off the road and
fell into the gorge, he said.
In another road accident in Dholpur district, three
persons were killed and 22 others injured in a collision
between a truck and a tractor trolley, police said.
The victims, all occupants of the trolley, were
travelling to Agra when the truck hit their vehicle near
Bagcholi Khar village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe