Rajasthan: 2 transport dept inspectors, two guards held for taking bribe
Jaipur: Two inspectors and as many guards of transport department were on Saturday arrested for allegedly taking bribe from truck drivers in Rajasthan`s Udaipur district.
According to the anti-corruption bureau sources, the accused were involved in the malpractice at Mandar transport outpost for some time.
Following complaints, a raid was conducted today at the outpost where the accused were caught collecting money from truck drivers for allowing them to proceed ahead, the sources said.
Rs 83,250 cash was seized from the inspectors Ramesh Vaishnav and Kanaram Parihar, and guards Sitaram Khateek and Sumer Singh.
One of their accomplices, Hansaram, was also arrested with them while another managed to escape with some amount but Rs 68,000 were later recovered from his house, sources said.
Separate teams were conducting search at their houses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok