Rajasthan: 2 transport dept inspectors, two guards held for taking bribe
Jaipur: Two inspectors and as many guards of transport department were on Saturday arrested for allegedly taking bribe from truck drivers in Rajasthan`s Udaipur district.
According to the anti-corruption bureau sources, the accused were involved in the malpractice at Mandar transport outpost for some time.
Following complaints, a raid was conducted today at the outpost where the accused were caught collecting money from truck drivers for allowing them to proceed ahead, the sources said.
Rs 83,250 cash was seized from the inspectors Ramesh Vaishnav and Kanaram Parihar, and guards Sitaram Khateek and Sumer Singh.
One of their accomplices, Hansaram, was also arrested with them while another managed to escape with some amount but Rs 68,000 were later recovered from his house, sources said.
Separate teams were conducting search at their houses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- If Priyanka Gandhi takes charge of Congress then BJP will face tough challenge: Ramdev
- 'Jai Hind' – this is how Air India will wish passengers now!
- Government vows to crack down on super-rich tax evaders
- Watch: Dwayne DJ Bravo gives rib-tickling sneak-peek into upcoming episode of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- Sting row: Harish Rawat asked to appear before CBI on May 24