Rajasthan: 4 killed in BSF helicopter crash
Jodhpur: A BSF helicopter on Friday crashed in a
hilly region of Rajasthan`s Sirohi district killing all the
four occupants, including the pilot, a senior official said.
Sirohi district collector Shriram Meena said the chopper
crashed in the hills of village Fatehpura near Abu Road, about
200 km from here, at about 3.30 pm.
The aircraft had taken off from Gandhinagar (Gujarat) at
2.20 pm and was to land here at 4.20 pm, he said.
"Four persons, including the pilot, died in the crash. The
bodies which have been found by the district administration
are charred beyond recognition," Meena said.
He said fire brigade personnel, who had been rushed to the
crash site, had found the chopper completely burnt and the
bodies lying scattered around the debris.
BSF spokesman in New Delhi Tirtho Acharya said a team of
the border force has been dispatched from Jodhpur to the place
where the helicopter went down.
Four Army personnel were killed on April 22 in a Dhruv
helicopter crash in north Sikkim near the Sino-India border.
The mishap occurred just three days after a Russian-origin
MI-17-2 chopper, owned by Pawan Hans Helicopters Ltd, crashed claiming 17 lives after it took off from Guwahati for Tawang.
Another Pawan Hans helicopter had crashed in Arunachal
Pradesh on April 30 killing Chief Minister Dorji Khandu along
with four others. The wreckage was located on May 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi