Rajasthan: 4 killed in BSF helicopter crash
Jodhpur: A BSF helicopter on Friday crashed in a
hilly region of Rajasthan`s Sirohi district killing all the
four occupants, including the pilot, a senior official said.
Sirohi district collector Shriram Meena said the chopper
crashed in the hills of village Fatehpura near Abu Road, about
200 km from here, at about 3.30 pm.
The aircraft had taken off from Gandhinagar (Gujarat) at
2.20 pm and was to land here at 4.20 pm, he said.
"Four persons, including the pilot, died in the crash. The
bodies which have been found by the district administration
are charred beyond recognition," Meena said.
He said fire brigade personnel, who had been rushed to the
crash site, had found the chopper completely burnt and the
bodies lying scattered around the debris.
BSF spokesman in New Delhi Tirtho Acharya said a team of
the border force has been dispatched from Jodhpur to the place
where the helicopter went down.
Four Army personnel were killed on April 22 in a Dhruv
helicopter crash in north Sikkim near the Sino-India border.
The mishap occurred just three days after a Russian-origin
MI-17-2 chopper, owned by Pawan Hans Helicopters Ltd, crashed claiming 17 lives after it took off from Guwahati for Tawang.
Another Pawan Hans helicopter had crashed in Arunachal
Pradesh on April 30 killing Chief Minister Dorji Khandu along
with four others. The wreckage was located on May 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch