Rajasthan: 4 killed in BSF helicopter crash
Jodhpur: A BSF helicopter on Friday crashed in a
hilly region of Rajasthan`s Sirohi district killing all the
four occupants, including the pilot, a senior official said.
Sirohi district collector Shriram Meena said the chopper
crashed in the hills of village Fatehpura near Abu Road, about
200 km from here, at about 3.30 pm.
The aircraft had taken off from Gandhinagar (Gujarat) at
2.20 pm and was to land here at 4.20 pm, he said.
"Four persons, including the pilot, died in the crash. The
bodies which have been found by the district administration
are charred beyond recognition," Meena said.
He said fire brigade personnel, who had been rushed to the
crash site, had found the chopper completely burnt and the
bodies lying scattered around the debris.
BSF spokesman in New Delhi Tirtho Acharya said a team of
the border force has been dispatched from Jodhpur to the place
where the helicopter went down.
Four Army personnel were killed on April 22 in a Dhruv
helicopter crash in north Sikkim near the Sino-India border.
The mishap occurred just three days after a Russian-origin
MI-17-2 chopper, owned by Pawan Hans Helicopters Ltd, crashed claiming 17 lives after it took off from Guwahati for Tawang.
Another Pawan Hans helicopter had crashed in Arunachal
Pradesh on April 30 killing Chief Minister Dorji Khandu along
with four others. The wreckage was located on May 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 94 seats, BJP ahead in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers resignation; Shiv Sena ahead in BMC polls
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race