Rajasthan: 6 killed in collision between jeep, truck
Bikaner: Six persons, among them three children and one woman, were killed and four others injured when the jeep they were travelling in was hit by a truck on the National Highway in the district`s Shrikolayat area, police said.
According to police, the jeep bearing Haryana registration numbers, was coming from Hisar and headed to Ramdevra.
It collided with the truck coming from Jaisalmer, leading to the death of four of its occupants on the spot. Two others, injured in the accident, succumbed on their way to hospital, police added.
The dead are yet to be identified, police said, adding that a case has been registered in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire