Rajasthan: 6 killed in collision between jeep, truck
Bikaner: Six persons, among them three children and one woman, were killed and four others injured when the jeep they were travelling in was hit by a truck on the National Highway in the district`s Shrikolayat area, police said.
According to police, the jeep bearing Haryana registration numbers, was coming from Hisar and headed to Ramdevra.
It collided with the truck coming from Jaisalmer, leading to the death of four of its occupants on the spot. Two others, injured in the accident, succumbed on their way to hospital, police added.
The dead are yet to be identified, police said, adding that a case has been registered in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Karisma Kapoor just shared a major throwback picture with sister Kareena and we LOVE IT!
- Fungi show green way to recycle batteries
- 7th Pay Commission: Government employees likely to get revised allowances from October
- 'Nervous' Pakistan lodges FIR against Baloch leaders for 'supporting' PM Modi's statement on Balochistan
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit