Rajasthan ACB arrests nursing college principal
Jaipur: The anti-corruption Bureau of Rajasthan on Thursday arrested a nursing college`s principal and warden and a state employee in connection with a case of corruption, an official said.
Surendra Mishra, Principal of Upchar College of Nursing located in Mansarovar area and run by a private hospital had demanded bribe from two girl students for passing them in final exams.
"Each girl gave Rs 10,000 to the principal who handed it over to the warden of the college, Rajkumari Rawat, who helped him in hiding the amount", IG-ACB Umesh Mishra said.
"Both were placed under arrest after they were caught taking the bribe. During preliminary investigation, it was found that an employee of Rajasthan University of Health Sciences identified as Ramraj Gujjar was also involved in the matter with the Principal so he was also arrested", he said, adding, that the accused were being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’