Rajasthan ACB arrests nursing college principal
Jaipur: The anti-corruption Bureau of Rajasthan on Thursday arrested a nursing college`s principal and warden and a state employee in connection with a case of corruption, an official said.
Surendra Mishra, Principal of Upchar College of Nursing located in Mansarovar area and run by a private hospital had demanded bribe from two girl students for passing them in final exams.
"Each girl gave Rs 10,000 to the principal who handed it over to the warden of the college, Rajkumari Rawat, who helped him in hiding the amount", IG-ACB Umesh Mishra said.
"Both were placed under arrest after they were caught taking the bribe. During preliminary investigation, it was found that an employee of Rajasthan University of Health Sciences identified as Ramraj Gujjar was also involved in the matter with the Principal so he was also arrested", he said, adding, that the accused were being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh