Rajasthan announces Rs 2 cr financial aid to Uttarakhand
Jaipur: In view of floods and torrential rains taking many lives and blocking highways in Uttarakhand, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Tuesday announced a financial aid of Rs 2 crore to the state.
Gehlot expressed sympathy with those trapped in the remote and inaccessible corners of the state since yesterday while talking to his counterpart Vijay Bahuguna, a press release said.
Mr Bahuguna has informed the Chief Minister that rains had receded and the sky was getting clear this afternoon. Food packets were being dropped from helicopter and the Army`s assistance was taken, the release said.
Rajasthan Chief Secretary C K Mathew also talked to his counterpart in Uttarakhand assuring all possible help and assistance to those who are stuck on the way from Uttarakhand to Rajasthan and others, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...