Rajasthan announces Rs 2 cr financial aid to Uttarakhand
Jaipur: In view of floods and torrential rains taking many lives and blocking highways in Uttarakhand, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Tuesday announced a financial aid of Rs 2 crore to the state.
Gehlot expressed sympathy with those trapped in the remote and inaccessible corners of the state since yesterday while talking to his counterpart Vijay Bahuguna, a press release said.
Mr Bahuguna has informed the Chief Minister that rains had receded and the sky was getting clear this afternoon. Food packets were being dropped from helicopter and the Army`s assistance was taken, the release said.
Rajasthan Chief Secretary C K Mathew also talked to his counterpart in Uttarakhand assuring all possible help and assistance to those who are stuck on the way from Uttarakhand to Rajasthan and others, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?