Rajasthan Assembly adjourned as Opposition protest over min`s presence
Jaipur: Rajasthan Legislative Assembly was today briefly adjourned amid an uproar by Opposition members over the presence of BJP`s ex MLA Sanwar Lal Jat in the House as a cabinet minister.
Opposition members of Congress, NPP and Independents strongly protested against Jat`s presence in the house, saying the minister has taken oath as MP of Lok Sabha recently and his presence in the Assembly leads to a constitutional crisis.
Led by Leader of Opposition Rameshwar Dudi, they created uproar, shouted anti-Jat slogans and exchanged remarks with the treasury members, including ministers during the Question Hour for about over 15 minutes.
They also stormed the well asking Speaker Kailash Meghwal to send Jat outside the House and not allow him to sit inside.
Despite the Speaker reminding that he had given ruling thrice allowing Jat as a minister and the BJP government was constitutionally right, the Opposition including all Congress members, NPP Leader Dr K L Meena and Independent Hanuman Beniwal, shouted slogans against Jat.
The Opposition raised voice when Jat as a minister of Public Health and Engineering Department (PHED) stood to make a reply to a question of BJP`s Nirmal Kumawat.
When the House reassembled after adjournment, Speaker Meghwal sternly told the members that his ruling, should be understood and honoured to run the it smoothly.
Opposition was making a "non-issue" as an issue and a controversy every day, which was not acceptable, the Speaker said.
Rival members again tried to obstruct Jat`s statement during the Zero Hour in the afternoon, but the Speaker? categorically warned the Congress members that they should strictly follow his (Speaker`s) ruling or invite action.
Jat was elected as a Member of Parliament from Ajmer constituency in the recent Lok Sabha polls and quit as MLA on May 29.
However the Raje government allowed him to attend the session and make reply to PHED department`s questions citing there was no violation of section 164 (4) of the Indian Constitution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi