Rajasthan Assembly awards woman inspector one-year jail
Jaipur: The Rajasthan Assembly on Thursday sentenced a woman police inspector to one month`s rigorous imprisonment after finding her guilty of breach of house privileges, officials said.
Inspector Ratna Gutpa has been accused of misbehaving with the members of state assembly`s woman and child development committee that went to inspect a police station where she was posted in 2010.
The committee members complained about the officer`s alleged misbehaviour to the speaker following which the matter was referred to the Assembly`s committee on privileges.
The officer ignored summons repeatedly sent by the committee over the past one year. Instead, Gupta challenged the summons in the Rajasthan High Court.
The High Court issued a notice to the Assembly. But the house on October 12 last year directed police to arrest Gupta and produce her before it. The Assembly said the High Court notice would not be replied to.
"As Gutpa had ignored as many as four summons sent by the committee, the Assembly found her guilty and sentenced her to one-month rigorous imprisonment," said a senior official in the Assembly.
A fresh arrest warrant was issued against Gupta after the motion against her sentence was approved by the Assembly.
- Good news! India win one silver, two bronze in Archery World Cup
- Yuvraj Singh drops big hint about film on his life – Here's what the star batsman said...
- Indian Premier League 9: After struggling for years, Delhi Daredevils find rhythm under Rahul Dravid's watchful eyes
- WATCH: SHOCKING! Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters mercilessly beat up man for showing black flag
- WATCH: Fan girl proposes Zaheer Khan with 'I Love You' message during live match