Rajasthan Assembly Speaker, son booked on forgery charges
Jaipur: Rajasthan Assembly Speaker and his son have been booked on the charges of forgery and usurping a property.
Speaker Deependra Singh Shekhawat and his son Kunal Singh have been accused of furnishing forged documents to avoid paying rent for a property, which was rented out to Kunal, police said.
The court of metropolitan magistrate had asked the Sadar police to register an FIR against Deependra Singh and his son after one Satyendra Singh approached it and filed a complaint.
Police have transferred the probe to CB-CID as the Speaker is a sitting legislator.
In his complaint, Satyendra has accused the duo of forging documents to take over a section of a bungalow situated at Amer road.
The two have been booked under Section 420 (cheating), 406 (criminal misappropriation of property), 467 (forgery of valuable security, will, etc), 468 (forgery for purpose of cheating) and 471 (using as genuine a forged document), police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma team up with India's first transgender band
- Matt Damon is back, check out terrific 'Jason Bourne' poster!
- '4 am airport spotting', Neha Dhupia slays in Sepia!-- See pic
- Chinese President Xi Jinping urges caution over US missile deployment in South Korea
- 7th Pay Commission: Auto makers expect spurt in sales