Rajasthan Assembly Speaker, son booked on forgery charges
Jaipur: Rajasthan Assembly Speaker and his son have been booked on the charges of forgery and usurping a property.
Speaker Deependra Singh Shekhawat and his son Kunal Singh have been accused of furnishing forged documents to avoid paying rent for a property, which was rented out to Kunal, police said.
The court of metropolitan magistrate had asked the Sadar police to register an FIR against Deependra Singh and his son after one Satyendra Singh approached it and filed a complaint.
Police have transferred the probe to CB-CID as the Speaker is a sitting legislator.
In his complaint, Satyendra has accused the duo of forging documents to take over a section of a bungalow situated at Amer road.
The two have been booked under Section 420 (cheating), 406 (criminal misappropriation of property), 467 (forgery of valuable security, will, etc), 468 (forgery for purpose of cheating) and 471 (using as genuine a forged document), police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row