Rajasthan Assembly Speaker, son booked on forgery charges
Jaipur: Rajasthan Assembly Speaker and his son have been booked on the charges of forgery and usurping a property.
Speaker Deependra Singh Shekhawat and his son Kunal Singh have been accused of furnishing forged documents to avoid paying rent for a property, which was rented out to Kunal, police said.
The court of metropolitan magistrate had asked the Sadar police to register an FIR against Deependra Singh and his son after one Satyendra Singh approached it and filed a complaint.
Police have transferred the probe to CB-CID as the Speaker is a sitting legislator.
In his complaint, Satyendra has accused the duo of forging documents to take over a section of a bungalow situated at Amer road.
The two have been booked under Section 420 (cheating), 406 (criminal misappropriation of property), 467 (forgery of valuable security, will, etc), 468 (forgery for purpose of cheating) and 471 (using as genuine a forged document), police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31