Rajasthan assembly to witness stormy budget session
Jaipur: The Rajasthan Legislative Assembly is likely to witness a stormy Budget session with opposition BJP gearing up to corner the Ashok Gehlot government over several issues including swine flu deaths in the state.
The Budget session is beginning on February 21.
The opposition will finalise its strategy tomorrow at a meeting chaired by the party`s state president Vasundhara Raje.
"Maximum deaths due to swine flu in the country have been reported from the state because the government failed to take timely action to check the epidemic and this will be among other issues we will strongly raise to corner the government in the budget session," Rajendra Rathore, BJP Whip in the assembly said.
"The government betrayed Gujjar and other communities in the name of SBC reservation which is another important issue for us to raise, whereas deteriorating law and order situation, rampant corruption, hike in power tariff, skyrocket inflation are some of the other key issues," he said.
This is the last Budget session of the present government as the assembly elections are due later this year.
The `Privilege Committee` of the assembly would also table its report on the issue of a suspended woman inspector Ratna Gupta who is accused of breaching privilege of the `Women and Child Welfare Committee` of the Assembly.
Gupta, who allegedly misbehaved with women and child welfare committee of the assembly during an inspection at a police station where she was SHO in 2010, was repeatedly summoned by the privilege committee to explain her conduct but she never turned up and rather approached high court.
The high court also asked her to appear before the committee last year but she defied orders. For her conduct and being absent from work without information, she was suspended in October last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why