Rajasthan ATS arrests another IM operative from Jodhpur
Jodhpur: Another Indian Mujahideen terror suspect has been arrested in Jodhpur by the Rajasthan Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS).
30-year-old Zakir was arrested yesterday from Lala Lajpat Colony in Pratap Nagar locality here. He was also found to associated with the IM module of Rajasthan and was assisting the module`s active members, said an ATS official.
ATS has got this breakthrough following the information obtained from the interrogation of Ashraf, an IM operative who was arrested in Tamil Nadu on May 1 in connection with IM`s sleeper module in Rajasthan which was bust by the state ATS and Delhi Police special cell in March.
Zakir was today produced in court which sent it to 14 days judicial custody.
According to the officials, Zakir is a masonry worker and resident of Johdpur.
This is the sixth arrest from Jodhpur. Earlier five suspected IM terrorists were arrested from different locations in Rajasthan in March.
Ashraf, also a resident of Jodhpur, was, however, arrested from Chennai last week. He had escaped from Jodhpur following the busting of the module here.
ATS is currently interrogating Ashraf, who was remanded to 10 days police custody by a local court on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back