Rajasthan ATS arrests another IM operative from Jodhpur
Jodhpur: Another Indian Mujahideen terror suspect has been arrested in Jodhpur by the Rajasthan Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS).
30-year-old Zakir was arrested yesterday from Lala Lajpat Colony in Pratap Nagar locality here. He was also found to associated with the IM module of Rajasthan and was assisting the module`s active members, said an ATS official.
ATS has got this breakthrough following the information obtained from the interrogation of Ashraf, an IM operative who was arrested in Tamil Nadu on May 1 in connection with IM`s sleeper module in Rajasthan which was bust by the state ATS and Delhi Police special cell in March.
Zakir was today produced in court which sent it to 14 days judicial custody.
According to the officials, Zakir is a masonry worker and resident of Johdpur.
This is the sixth arrest from Jodhpur. Earlier five suspected IM terrorists were arrested from different locations in Rajasthan in March.
Ashraf, also a resident of Jodhpur, was, however, arrested from Chennai last week. He had escaped from Jodhpur following the busting of the module here.
ATS is currently interrogating Ashraf, who was remanded to 10 days police custody by a local court on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened