Rajasthan ATS takes custody of Jaipur blast accused
Jaipur: A local court has remanded Jaipur bomb blast accused in police custody for four days on a plea by the Rajasthan Anti-Terrorist Squad.
Salman was in judicial custody for identification parade and after completing the process Additional Superintendent of Police ATS Satyendra Singh moved an application before the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate here to seek his police custody for further interrogation.
The court on Tuesday remanded the accused to police custody till December 4.
Salman, who was earlier lodged in Tihar Jail, was arrested by the Rajasthan ATS last month after the court had granted permission for his arrest on production warrant.
Salman is said to be involved in planning of bombs in Jaipur on May 13, 2008. Four of the 11 accused in the case -- Shahbaz, Sarwar, Saif and Saifur -- have been arrested, Singh said, adding two other accused Atif and Chota Sazid were killed in Batla house encounter, while the rest four Arif, Khalid, Aariz and Bada Sazid are absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed